About the Role
The Corporate Project Process Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the delivery and management of multimillion dollar process and packaging related capital projects and designing supporting processes to achieve dramatic manufacturing and business results. The focus will be on designing world-class manufacturing layouts, accelerating & enhancing process and packaging designs to drive throughput volumes, and providing process engineering expertise to address process-related issues.
Key functions include:
• Operating in compliance with regulations and the spirit of the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental practices and philosophy
• Project management responsibility for assigned capital projects
• Accelerating production process flows through process and packaging engineering enhancements
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
• B.S. in Process Engineering preferred
• In-depth project management experience (minimum 10 - 15 years), including start-up environments preferably in ice cream, dairy and food mfg (in that order). Should be an exceptional individual with project management and process engineering experience who has strong cross-cultural people management skills.
• Demonstrated experience leveraging process and packaging engineering improvements in a manufacturing environment. Proven ability to manage and deliver complex, multi-million dollar capital projects on time and on budget.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills are essential. Can effectively collaborate cross-functionally as required.
• Demonstrated ability to drive results in a high-performing, team-oriented environment.
Scope of Accountability:
The Corporate Project Process Engineer will:
• Apply Lean and Agile project management techniques to drive cost reduction and improve performance (flow/set-up reduction, etc,).
• Monitor project monthly performance against plan and take corrective action as needed.
• Build strong, collaborative working relationships with Management, Supply Chain, and G&A Team counterparts.
• Play a key role on the Manufacturing Operations Management Team; is an advocate for the company at all times.
• Embrace and model Tropicale’s values and hold team accountable for the same.
Desirable Traits and Skills:
• Exceptional process engineering and project management skills. Packaging engineering experience preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
• Solid financial and analytical skills; comfortable operating in a data driven environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a communication style that will develop confidence among employees, peers and the Tropicale Leadership Team.
• Acts with the customer in mind; decisive.
• Emotional maturity and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment where structure and strategy may evolve rapidly.
• Is tech savvy; understands and leverages relevant software tools to drive decision-making.
The Recruitment Process
Applicants considered to be the most qualified will be invited to continue in the recruitment process. The recruitment process may consist of any combination of a written examination, performance test, and/or an oral interview. To ensure timely notification from Human Resources, it is the applicant's responsibility to maintain current contact information in the Personal Information section of each employment application.
Reapplication Process: A disqualification from one recruitment does not restrict an applicant from applying for future recruitments. Applicants are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Tropicale Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, or perceived disability, medical condition, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or political belief. Tropicale Foods, LLC is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Persons selected must provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States of America. After an offer of employment is made, a candidate may be required to successfully complete a physical examination and drug screening test. Tropicale Foods, LLC will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About the Company
This is an exciting time to join #LaTropa. We are growing and continue to lead our industry with authentic, creative, and innovative paletas.
Our vision is to be the recognized leader of different, better and special ice cream brands consumers prefer, and to do this we need people like you who want to be part of a creative culture, with a creative purpose, and can meet our ambitious goals.