About the Role
· Minimum 3+ years of inventory experience, preferably in manufacturing, production, or a related industry.
Demonstrated high attention to detail with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
Skilled in accurate data entry.
Proficient organizational skills and multi-tasking.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Demonstrated strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internal systems.
Proven ability to collaborate and build effective relationships with warehouse partners and peers.
Demonstrates aligned behavior with Tropicale Foods’ values.
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure; ability to prioritize and organize effectively; ability to show judgment and initiative.
Demonstrated professionalism and relationship building.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma: further education will be a plus
· Inventory/Accounting: 3 years
· Microsoft Excel: 3 years
· Distribution or Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Key Competencies –
· Unquestionable Integrity - Demonstrates the highest degree of integrity when engaging with employees, vendors and stakeholders. Leads ethically by example and fosters a culture firmly grounded in the values of the organization.
· Collaborative Style – Engages in problem solving and decision making. Is adept at bringing people together to tackle issues rather than dictate solutions. Has a collegial, inclusive working style and is professional and courteous. Builds strong relationships both internally and externally. Is both confident and humble.
· Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels. Excellent listening skills.
The Distribution Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of Inventory throughout the Tropicale Foods’ Distribution Network. The position works closely with internal and external (3PL) warehouses to ensure all movements are updated in the ERP system to reflect accurate inventory at all times.
Key Performance Areas
Responsible for daily reconciliation of Outbound Stock Transfer Shipments and corresponding Inbound Receipts with the Tropicale Plants and 3PL warehouses.
Validates accuracy of Lot Code throughout network to maintain traceability.
· Follows up timely and holds warehouse personnel accountable to receive and close receipts and shipments daily and accurately.
· Reconciles inventory from ERP system to 3PL inventories.
Ensures accurate status of 3PL inventory, including Quality Holds and other special dispositions.
Generate Inventory specific reports as directed.
Research and solve inventory discrepancies including over, short and damage claims.
Attends regularly scheduled meetings with 3PLs and Distribution Manager to review ongoing business.
Coordinate inventory movements to support our Direct to Store depots.
Works closely with Accounting and supports the month-end close process by proactive problem resolution and completing tasks on time.
Identifies inconsistencies, trends, and opportunities for process improvements internally and with the distribution network partners. Elevates issues timely to Distribution Manager.
Communicates and collaborates effectively with peers, customers, and staff.
Customer focused to help create a total systems view of the linkages in the supply chain to optimize inventory.
About the Company