About the Role
Position Overview: Maintenance Technician C will interact with the leadership group, production team members, quality assurance, and other maintenance technicians to improve and maximize plant output, efficiency, quality, and safety. Duties include proactively troubleshooting, diagnosing, and performing preventive and corrective maintenance on production and plant support equipment. Duties are performed in a high volume, manufacturing environment where individuals are involved with overhauling equipment and the installation of new equipment.
• Perform on line repairs and maintenance as necessary to maintain production at target efficiencies.
• Troubleshoot and repair production and plant equipment.
• Work with Production Technicians on continuous improvement initiatives to solve problems on all equipment.
• Perform and record assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
• Provide line support for changeovers by understanding total process layouts and be able to maximize efficiency through optimal interface.
• Other Duties as assigned. Requirements
• Preventive maintenance, repair and adjustment of filling conveying, packaging, palletizing, and auxiliary equipment.
• Previous maintenance experience in a food or beverage production environment.
• Technical knowledge of Production related equipment with maintenance experience with Production equipment.
• Technical skills must include electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, welding, and PLC.
• Bilingual Spanish is a Plus. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one-three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Food Safety & Quality Requirements/Responsibilities • Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s • Accurately completes required Food Safety & Quality Records • Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Q.A. Manager and Department Manager • Responsible for reporting any food safety concerns or tampering with product
• Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions Physical Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, Requires the employee to stand for long periods of time, walk, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing and pulling use hands to Job Title: Maintenance Technician C Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor Department: Maintenance Exempt/ Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. Work Environment: Work is normally performed in a warehouse/production environment As part of the job requirements employee may be exposed to work in a production setting and cold temperature (-20 degrees) at times. Disclaimer This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
About the Company