About the Role
The Quality Control Technician is expected to maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality with the company records and information. This individual is expected to follow all policies and procedures of the company. The Quality Control Technician, under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day inspections and processing of production.
· Maintain product quality by analyzing manufacturing and engineering requirements and devising testing methods and procedures.
· Establish product quality documentation by writing and implementing quality assurance procedures.
· Interact with the leadership group, production team members, and maintenance departments to improve and maximize plant output, efficiency, quality and safety.
· Manage Quality Control Program that ensures that product is inspected to meet acceptable safety quality standards.
· Maintain and achieve internal quality targets and measurements.
· Ensure Production and other support areas of the plant are maintained to the highest standards and in strict conformation to GMP standards.
· Achieve quality targets and ensures accurate records of quality compliance.
· Ensures the cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of manufacturing areas.
· Ensures consistency with quality standards, practices, and policies.
· Support change efforts at manufacturing plant to improve and enhance quality systems.
· Support training of quality procedures throughout the plant.
· Communicate with production in regards to productivity status and discrepancy.
· Perform other duties assigned by Executive Management to support the department.
· Safeguards and maintains company equipment and property, including Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
· Ensures all areas are kept clean at all times.
· Attends all company training sessions; and other duties as assigned.
Two-three years’ experience in food manufacturing environment.
Teamwork oriented and self-motivated.
Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
Great attention to detail and an exceptional multi-taker.
Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
Must be able to taste all foods with no aversions or allergies.
Excellent attendance and safety record
Available to work weekends and mandatory overtime.
Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Able to meet physical demands in work environment as generally described below.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two-three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Food Safety & Quality Requirements/Responsibilities:
· Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
· Accurately completes require Food Safety & Quality Records
· Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Q.A Manager and Department Manager.
· Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions.
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, requires the employee tostand for long periods of time, walk, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing, and pulling use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
Work is normally performed in a warehouse/production environment as part of the job requirements, employee may be exposed to work in a production setting and cold temperature (-20 degrees) at times. Must be flexible with work schedule that supports a 24-hour production facility. Schedule may include weekends.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
About the Company