About the Role
Refrigeration Technician will interact with the leadership group, production team members, quality assurance, and other maintenance technicians to improve and maximize plant output, efficiency, quality, and safety. Duties include proactively troubleshooting, maintaining, operating, inspecting, and repairing various types of Freon refrigeration equipment. Refrigeration Technician will perform preventative and predictive maintenance as
directed by the Supervisor. This includes verifying that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through periodic testing and inspections. Duties are performed in a high volume, manufacturing environment where individuals are involved with overhauling equipment and the installation of new equipment.
• Perform maintenance as necessary to maintain production at target efficiencies.
• Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed by the direct Supervisor on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, purgers, and other machinery included in the Freon refrigeration equipment.
• Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves
• Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our product.
• Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
• Replace defective fan motors
• Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
• Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas
• Drain oil from Freon system
• Fill out daily reports as directed by the direct Supervisor
• Remove and reinstall Freon compressors
• Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators
• Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements
• Perform oil and Freon sampling for analysis on a regular schedule
• Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the Freon refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
• Inspect Freon detection system
• Ensure that all Freon system safeguards are functioning properly at all times
• Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer
• Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings
• Troubleshoot electrical problems
• Ability to write SOPs, pump down procedures, LOTO procedures.
• Remove and install 3 phase motors
• Monitor fire safety systems.
• Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
• Other duties and responsibilities assigned by direct Supervisor
The Recruitment Process
Applicants considered to be the most qualified will be invited to continue in the recruitment process. The recruitment process may consist of any combination of a written examination, performance test, and/or an oral interview. To ensure timely notification from Human Resources, it is the applicant's responsibility to maintain current contact information in the Personal Information section of each employment application.
Reapplication Process: A disqualification from one recruitment does not restrict an applicant from applying for future recruitments. Applicants are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Tropicale Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, or perceived disability, medical condition, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or political belief. Tropicale Foods, LLC is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Persons selected must provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States of America. After an offer of employment is made, a candidate may be required to successfully complete a physical examination and drug screening test. Tropicale Foods, LLC will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About the Company
This is an exciting time to join #LaTropa. We are growing and continue to lead our industry with authentic, creative, and innovative paletas.
Our vision is to be the recognized leader of different, better and special ice cream brands consumers prefer, and to do this we need people like you who want to be part of a creative culture, with a creative purpose, and can meet our ambitious goals.