About the Role
Sanitation Technician is responsible for all aspects of machine sanitation and changeover activities to achieve and maintain quality, plus plant sanitation. The primary purpose of this job is to perform all plant Sanitation duties with maximum efficiency, while maintaining product quality and following regulatory guidelines for sanitation and safety.
• Perform ALL plant CIP’s (72hr CIP, End of Week CIP, Allergen Change Over, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized;
• Maintains a clean and safe work place in accordance with company protocol;
• Coordinates with maintenance associates and line operators for dismantling of production lines and equipment in preparation for cleaning;
• Disassembles and reassembles production line and equipment as necessary for cleaning;
• Cleans the floors keeping them free of debris, and thoroughly rinsed;
• Cleans air lines and hoses that feed the lines;
• Removes and replaces equipment as needed to accommodate production set-up requirements;
• Sanitizes production equipment in preparation for maintenance and production set up crews;
• Cleans and sanitizes all pieces of equipment;
• Cleans the chemical room, process floor, dry goods area, restrooms, and other work areas;
• Cleans wash buckets trash cans, hand rails, and other equipment;
• Oversees the removal of production waste (garbage and render);
• Responsible to maintain good records including down time;
• Understand the mechanics of the packaging equipment;
• Keep area clean, follow GMP's and comply with all safety regulations.
• Must be able to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and other departments.
• Proficient at routine preventative maintenance as well as changeovers.
• Must be able to use good judgment in the event of the absence of Production supervisor or Production Manager.
• Safeguards and maintains company equipment and property, including PPE’s;
• Ensures all areas are kept clean at all times;
• Attends all company training sessions; and
• Other duties as assigned.
The Recruitment Process
Applicants considered to be the most qualified will be invited to continue in the recruitment process. The recruitment process may consist of any combination of a written examination, performance test, and/or an oral interview. To ensure timely notification from Human Resources, it is the applicant's responsibility to maintain current contact information in the Personal Information section of each employment application.
Reapplication Process: A disqualification from one recruitment does not restrict an applicant from applying for future recruitments. Applicants are responsible for their own travel expenses.
Tropicale Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, or perceived disability, medical condition, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or political belief. Tropicale Foods, LLC is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Persons selected must provide verification of eligibility to work in the United States of America. After an offer of employment is made, a candidate may be required to successfully complete a physical examination and drug screening test. Tropicale Foods, LLC will not sponsor applicants for work visas
About the Company
This is an exciting time to join #LaTropa. We are growing and continue to lead our industry with authentic, creative, and innovative paletas.
Our vision is to be the recognized leader of different, better and special ice cream brands consumers prefer, and to do this we need people like you who want to be part of a creative culture, with a creative purpose, and can meet our ambitious goals.