About the Role
House Keeper is responsible for all aspects of House Keeping and cleaning activities to achieve and maintain quality, plus plant sanitation. The primary purpose of this job is to perform all plant House Keeping duties with maximum efficiency, while maintaining product quality and following regulatory guidelines for Cleaning and safety.
· Perform ALL plant CIP’s (72hr CIP, End of Week CIP, Allergen Change Over, etc.) in a timely manner.
· Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized;
· Maintains a clean and safe work place in accordance with company protocol;
· Coordinates with maintenance associates and line operators for dismantling of production lines and equipment in preparation for cleaning;
· Disassembles and reassembles production line and equipment as necessary for cleaning;
· Cleans the floors keeping them free of debris, and thoroughly rinsed;
· Cleans air lines and hoses that feed the lines;
· Removes and replaces equipment as needed to accommodate production set-up requirements;
· Sanitizes production equipment in preparation for maintenance and production set up crews;
· Cleans the chemical room, process floor, dry goods area, restrooms, and other work areas;
· Cleans wash buckets trash cans, hand rails, and other equipment;
· Oversees the removal of production waste (garbage and render);
· Responsible to maintain good records including down time;
· Understand the mechanics of the packaging equipment;
· Keep area clean, follow GMP's and comply with all safety regulations.
· Must be able to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and other departments.
· Proficient at routine preventative maintenance as well as changeovers.
· Must be able to use good judgment in the event of the absence of Production supervisor or Production Manager.
· Safeguards and maintains company equipment and property, including PPE’s;
· Ensures all areas are kept clean at all times;
· Attends all company training sessions; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Competency in English; Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Basic math skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to understand interpret written and verbal instructions
· Work overtime and weekends as needed
· Previous house keeping experience
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to adapt effectively to change and handle new challenges in a positive manner
· Previous food manufacturing experience
· Able to meet physical demands in work environment as generally described below
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; preferred.
Food Safety & Quality Requirements/Responsibilities:
· Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
· Accurately completes require Food Safety & Quality Records
· Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Q.A Manager and Department Manager.
· Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, Requires the employee to stand for long periods of time, walk, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing and pulling use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
· Communicates orally with employees, management, peers, vendors, suppliers, governmental compliance agencies, the general public,
· Requires use of hands, speech, and hearing.
· Requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch.
· Lifting limitations for this position: 50 Ibs.
· Vision requirements in close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as needed.
· Requires incumbent to stand, walk, and sit frequently for extended periods of time during the course of the work day with frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
· Noise level for this work environment is typically low to moderate.
Work is normally performed in a office/warehouse/production environment. As part of the job requirements employee may be exposed to work in a production setting and cold temperature (45 degrees) at times, Facility regularly processes known food allergens including peanuts.Must be flexible with work schedule that supports a 24 hour production facility. Schedule may include weekends and mandatory overtime.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
About the Company