About the Role
The Line Lead will work independently and with other staff to ensure the proper operation for the production line. Will oversee the work flow evenly and steadily to prevent delays in the production of finished product. The supervisor will ensure that his/her employees have all the equipment and tools necessary and a proper surrounding to work in a productive environment. He/she will be responsible for his employees to be able to carry out their work properly. All this duties will be performed while maintaining the company policies, goals and objectives.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES will include the following (but are not limited to):
· Responsible for starting the shift in an organized and preprogrammed manner.
· Ensure that the brine compressor gets started and is running properly.
· Check and correct the brine levels and temperatures.
· Ensure that the product has consistency, taste and has the correct labeling/packaging.
· Weigh and inspect products, verify and adjust product weight and size according to specifications.
· Count and list both the finished and the rejected product.
· Ensure that the equipment lines, tanks and freezers are in operational condition for a production without errors.
· Ensure that recipes are followed exactly with correct quantities and ingredients.
· Use quality ingredients. Ensure to enlist all lot numbers, codes and expiration dates.
· Supervise production personnel to ensure they have the right environment to develop an organized work team.
· Any other tasks as assigned by Production Supervisor or Line Lead.
· Starting of the shift check all machines being used for your shift for wash tags proving that CIP was done, visually check for left over product on sides, doors, cat walks of tanks, conveyor belts, sinks and floor area.
· If no was tags, then the crew must CIP, was and clean all equipment, dating and filling out wash tags to complete the paperwork.
· Assigning lunch breaks as too keeping the line running at all times.
· This position requires that employees work Monday through Saturday, including some Sundays. Overtime as needed with or without prior notice;
· Hours may vary per day or as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
· Regular and Reliable Attendance is required.
FOOD SAFETY POLICY:
· Each employee is responsible for ensuring strict adherence to the companies Food Safety Management System (s) Policy (ies) and all procedures, Codes of Practice, etc. outlined by management.
· All employees undertake thorough training to ensure understanding and competence in all facets of the companies Food Safety Management System (Good manufacturing Practices, etc.).
· Each employee will receive Food Safety/Safety training on an ongoing basis.
· All employees must follow personal practices to prevent the contamination of our product.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
· Minimum 1 year of food production/production experience.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and supervisors.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to work independently and/or in group.
Amount of Each Day Spent: Standing 90 % Walking 10% Sitting 0% Total 100%
Employee Works: Inside 100% Outside 0%
Working Environment: Production environment
I acknowledge I have reviewed the content of this job description and understand that if I have any physical limitation or require any accommodations in order to perform my job I must immediately inform the HR Department.
About the Company