About the Role
The Line Operator works independently and with other team members in a safe and productive manner, and ensures machine is properly monitored and operating adequately. Monitors changeover activities and makes minor adjustments to machine to maximize team performance. Utilizes associated equipment effectively for maximum efficiency. Ensures that the product weight and labeling is accurate, and that list of all materials used is updated and maintained. Focuses on delivering product of the highest quality, while following regulatory guidelines for sanitation and safety.
Essential Functions and Responsibilitie
· Observes machine functions to ensure the quality of finished products are packed in accordance with the company’s standards.
· Adjusts machine components and pressure in accordance with the size and processing of the product.
· Operates and tends to the packing machine.
· Checks the production line to avoid problems such as pileups and blockings.
· Stops or resets machines when a malfunction occurs and notifies line lead or supervisor as soon as malfunction is clarified.
· Sorts and stores product to pack, uses the operating machine and refills all packaging material, including film and ink.
· Inspects packaging materials and removes defective articles.
· Cleans and removes damaged materials or articles in a safe manner.
· Visually checks for left over product on equipment, conveyors, cat walks and surfaces.
· Removes finished packaged product from machine and separates all defective articles.
· Ensures filler pistons are cleaned and greased.
· Accesses that pumps are in good working condition.
· Inspects the operation function of the steam and air lines for running the line.
· Checks machine for correct settings.
· Verifies schedule to establish that correct rolls of film are loaded and is prepared to take immediate action to replace incorrect rolls in a timely manner to prevent any downtime.
· Rinse, wash and sanitize equipment.
· Maintains a clean and organized work area.
· Any other tasks as assigned by Production Supervisor or Line Lead.
· Attends all company training sessions
· Other duties as assigned.
· Competency in English, Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
· Must be able to work overtime and weekends
· Excellent attendance and safety record
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Food industry experience preferred
· Basic math skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interpret written and verbal instructions
· Ability to meet physical demands in work environment as generally described below.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Food Safety & Quality Requirements/Responsibilities:
· Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
· Accurately completes required Food Safety & Quality Records
· Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/Quality issues to the QA Manager and Department Manager.
· Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required tostand for long periods of time, walk and lift, push or pull material frequently, that can weight up to 50 pounds; Frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing and pulling,constant use of hands to fingers, handling and feeling objects, tools or controls is required; Must reach with hands and arms; Climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, kneeling or crouching on a regular basis; Must be able to talk and hear.
Work is normally performed in a warehouse/production environment. As part of the job requirements employee may be exposed to working in a cool setting and cold temperatures (45 degrees) at times; Facility regularly processes known food allergens including peanuts. Must be flexible with work schedule that supports a 24-hour operation. Schedule may include weekends, holidays, and mandatory overtime.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as assigned and as required.
About the Company