About the Role
The Line Packer is responsible for the packing and visual inspection of finished goods during packaging.
· Feed unwrapped bars into flow wrapper machines and wrapped bars into cartons
· Conduct visual inspection of the finished product before packaging
· Advise line supervisor of ongoing quality, i.e. size, color shape, and weight discrepancies
· Dispose of non-standard products into appropriate waste bins
· Remove light weights and irregular products
· Check for appropriate code date on wrappers, labels, and cartons
· Assist with the packaging on other lines as required
· Assist with the packing of Variety Packs
· Assist with the training of new packers and temps
· Abide by Plant Rules and Regulations as described in the Employee Handbook.
· Complete tasks and projects as required by the company
· Must work overtime as needed.
· Notify Group Leader of any suspicious person or incidents occurring that relate to plant security.
· Support changeovers as required between products.
· Fill out all paperwork as required.
· Perform quality check as outlined in the key checkpoint matrix
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment
· Maintain a high level of sanitation and GMP’s
· Safeguards and maintains company equipment and property, including Personal Protection Equipment (PPE);
· Ensures all areas are kept clean at all times;
· Attends all company training sessions; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Food industry experience preferred
· Basic math skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to meet physical demands in the work environment as generally described below
· Ability to interpret instructions finished in written or oral form
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Food Safety & Quality Requirements/Responsibilities:
· Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
· Accurately completes requiring Food Safety & Quality Records
· Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the QA Manager and Department Manager.
· Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, Requires the employee to stand for long periods, walk, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing and pulling use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
Work is normally performed in a warehouse/production environment As part of the job requirements employee may be exposed to work in a production setting and cold temperature (45 degrees) at times, Facility regularly processes known food allergens including peanuts. Must be flexible with a work schedule that supports a 24-hour production facility. The schedule may include weekends.
About the Company